Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Leak at the Water Meter: City says it is My Responsibility




Okay, I live in a 18 month year old house, and this happens. I noticed the water on the driveway and assumed the neighbor (the crazy hippy) was watering. But still there on Monday, so I called the 311 City of Houston line. They sent a crew out, they dug it up, and left a note saying it is not their leak but my leak. What the crap am I supposed to do with that?

I have asked the builder for the original plumber to take a look, at my dime obviously. My question is, I'm about to go on 7 days vacation. Can I turn the water off and it not affect the air condition? Does it need water? I can leave a couple of gallons for the cat, so that is not an issue.

Is it okay to turn the water off until I return to stop it and save money until I can fix it?

No comments: