Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Google Latitude



I think this idea is really cool. Let's say all your friends are meeting somewhere, and you want to see who is there and who is close. Google Latitude. You can set privacy settings and agree or disagree who you share with, so I see it as a proactive tool to help arrangements in a day. It's not intended to be full time broadcast of GPS, but I guess it could be.

Example, our global conference was in Vancouver. Every evening we traded endless texts like "where you at" or "where you going". Enable this, and voila! I love all things google. Google Earth, maps, iGoogle and Desktop. And whatever tracks my search history - I can't remember what site I read that article about widgets, but I can go to tracking and type in widgets and it will tell me all sites I visited regarding widgets.

Not recommended for international or domestic terrorists, or liars or cheaters who don't trust themselves or significant others.

No comments: