Tuesday, May 6, 2008

American Idol: My Review

Jason was a nightmare, as I predicted. When you are a dreadhead, and you want to be taken seriously, don't do Bob Marley. Horrible. And then humming the lyrics to I Shot the Sheriff - certainly not first one to forget the lyrics, but worse to recover. Seriously he is so gone.

Sayesha - Pretty good. I actually felt for her when she cried. She actually researched her song (hello, dreadhead) and felt moved by the experience. I don't think she was "Actingggggg". Very moving. Didn't think she should have done a Tina Turner impression, but she made it work.

David Cook - I was disappointed in Hungry Like the Wolf because I thought he would "make it different", but sometimes he makes it different by doing an actual cover. So I didn't mind. His Babe O'Reilly gave me chills. I know that is a cliche but he made it work, getting rid of the synthesizer beginning and focusing on his voice. Then when he rocked out, welcome back indeed.

David Archuleta 0 if he had been like this the whole competition I would agree with him winning. He caught up today and his voters are a loyal group.

Gone: see ya, Aggie. Look forward to a David v David Final. Unless we get a stunner like last season, when Melinda got voted out at third.









Remember this image from the previous previous season? Guess who's laughing now?






and the day I swore I would give up Idol (who hasn't but keeps....crawling....back .....for more)







A couple of articles I agree with (these were written before tonight's perfomances):

Idol Final Four (yawn) chron
What's wrong with Idol (NJ Sepinwall)

And yay, Allen Sepinwall review is up. Meanwhile don't forget to hit the TWOP review which will be up tomorrow. Just google it.

No comments: