Monday, May 26, 2008

Been in Vancouver for work

Hey ya'll. I have not posted in a week. I was at a conference in Vancouver. I am heading to LA tomorrow for vacation. Here are some photos from the week:



Above: Tree Trek at Whistler. We walked across those! It was pretty cool

Above: We were at the base of the mountains for our dinner. We saw 2 black bears on this mountain. neat.


Above: rapids. taken on way to Whistler



Above: Taken from airplane. Yes, I am one of those who are fascinated by aerial shots. I think those are volcanoes in Washington.


Taken from Hotel.That is Stanley Park in background.


I love the above shot from airplane. I went on Google Earth (my favorite) and found the actual lake! It is Bear Lake in Idaho or Wyoming. Below is the google earth shot. Awesome!


Waterfall on way to Whistler. Can't remember name.


Upside down house in harbour in Vancouver. Don't know the story behind it, but I hear the locals were upset about the artist's choice. I guess they wanted more. Pretty freaky, huh? Anyone else know the background to this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm impressed you make an effort to take so many pics when you travel, esp for work.

the last 6 months, i've been to NYC twice, hawaii twice, mexico and countless other places and, yet, not one photo.

part of my issue is i think i need a smaller camera to travel with.

any recs?

brakewater said...

Easy - Balckberry Pearl cell phone. Quite impressive for a cell camera. You didn't take any pics on all those trips?

I have, to this day, never purchased a digital camera. relying on the cell camera. Or others who share, which I may upload later.

When it is on your hip, literally, how can you not use it?

Anonymous said...

good idea. i use the curve myself.