Wednesday, October 1, 2008

HDL and LDL: Cholesterol Post

I got my blood results back today from my required physical. I have to say for whatever reason I have always had extremely high levels of HDL, or "good" cholesterol. Reading the internet says anything over 60 is considered extremely healthy and means a long healthy life and low risk for heart disease. I read one quote that says "extremely lucky people have HDL in 70s or 80s".

In fact, before the "ratio" was noticed I was always tagged as high because my cholesterol level was always 200 or higher.

So, what is my HDL? 122! It has always been above 100. I guess I will live forever. For the record my LDL is 63 which is good. Combined in the report is 199 (although 122+63= 185 last time I checked.). Exercise is good for you! (someone tell me how it is bad that my HDL is over 100. I can't find it anywhere)

Any of you want to share what your recent HDL and combined was?

My triglyceride level was 69, thanks for asking.

More facts.

No comments: