Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tonight's American Idol final 7: Born to be Wild / Falling Slowly

(Who knew Born to be Wild was from Easy Rider, a movie I have never seen)



Here's tonight playlist and observers comments of practice(Yay, Kris is singing from Once!!!!!!):

Helen's comment in this color. So they are trading off judges. Simon and Paula, then Her and Dog. I am pretty sure Simon made sure he got to comment on the ones he liked. Did you see him glare at Anoop? Not even a smile. In what world are Paula and Simon the best pair? If either Kris, Allison or Adam are out, they will be saved. They can only save until final four, which means this and next two weeks: Final Four should be Adam Allison Kris and I don't care but not Lil.
  • Allison - “Don’t Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith - Really good on belty parts, not as good on lower register. Over all–good (I liked it, great they are finally trying to get her to the type three. I thought that was kinda rude to say she's the only female with a chance, we all know Lil is out soon but, oh snap)
  • Anoop - “Everything I Do” by Bryan Adams - He roughed it up per Quentin’s request. Favorite Anoop performance so far. (who knew Tarantino could give good arrangement advice? liked it, not loved. out by top 4)
  • Adam - “Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf - OMG Electrifying, wnarling…headbanging…working the stage. (I think people who tuned in this week based on the buzz will think they just caught the remake of Starlight Express. Shreaky, but the guy is going places no matter what happens.)
  • Matt - “To Really Love a Woman” by Bryan Adams - He was OK. Sat at the piano…soulded it up. Seemed a little nervous. Quentin told him to enunciate better (Why all these Bryan Adams songs? this is a boring song... and he sucked. over)(did you see Simon's jaw keep dropping the more Kara talked? he can't stand her. that was funny and will be talked about tomorrow)
  • Danny - “Endless Love” by Diana Ross - Danny got contacts! Singing was what you would expect. Chair pimpage from Ryan (I'm going on a limb to say I will hate this before he even sings it. if I am wrong I will change. My god why does every song have to be about his dead wife) (yup, not only was it worth saying it was bad, but it was horrible. missed words, missed keys, bad, bad, bad. maybe first trip to bottom 3?)(can you love a Adam and Allison final? What?!!)
  • Kris - “Falling Slowly” - Really pretty vocal. Did a nice job mixing him with one of the background singers. Quentin told him to play an intrument, but he didn’t do it. (yes I loved it, I love this song and his voice is great. I love this song it won the oscar for best song! I like Q saying he's the only one playing by the rules and picking a song from a movie that touched him. Hope the obscurity of song doesn't hurt)

  • Lil - “The Rose” by Bette Midler - She started nice and soft…then she turned it gospelly and became shouty. Least favorite (who cares. she's out this week or next)

No comments: