Thursday, November 20, 2008

Helen's Annual Nike Purchase



Around this time of year, I get these great discount offers from my top three online stores: Nike, Eddie Bauer, and (heart) Ralph Lauren. I usually do business with them all, but with these hard times, sigh, I decided to only buy a couple of pair of shoes and a sweatshirt I don't need from Nike.

Actually, all my sweatshirts (and don't we all have sweatshirts STILL from college? From 20 years ago?) are dark and old. So I bought a nice Orange UT sweat. And man technology is great! It has a shoulder pocket for your Ipod, Texas on the hoodie? It's awesome.

And a couple pair of Shox. For walking around. They stink as running shoes.

I think I'll buy my towels from Target this year. Or maybe not any? We don't need new towels every year do we?

I am getting my house treated for creatures this week. The hurricane has brought all sorts of critters inside.

Question: Should I raise the rent on my tenants $25 a month? If so, why? If not, why not? They clearly are going to stay for awhile....I have put $4K into the house since they moved in, and my property taxes have gone up since I'm not Homestead....

However, they pay on time and only complain a little.

No comments: