Thursday, December 18, 2008

Helen's Been Posting for a Year! Coinstar Post




Or almost. Not bad.

Have I told you about Coinstar? You know, that machine in the grocery stores that take 8.9 cents per dollar for every coin you put in (Also called 8.9%, aka price gouging, and it takes dollar bills! Give it a dollar and it will give you 89 cents back!).

Anyway, it also has ecertificates at selective stores. When you pick this option you get 100% of your money back in a code / giftcard you can spend. That is turning your change into real, tangible money on something you would buy anyway (Starbucks, JCPenney, Lowe's, Amazon).

So tonight I drove to the Foodarama with a sock full of change, I was hoping for around $30. I got $47 - it is always more than you think especially with not many pennies. So I bought what I was going to buy from Amazon, with change to spare for a gift next year!

No comments: