Sunday, December 21, 2008

Helen's Movie Reviews


i have been lucky to see a lot of movies this holiday season. Well, not lucky, but I found a website that plays movies still in the theaters. Wow, really? Yes. Really.

First, seen in theaters:

Slumdog Millionaire: Awesome, feel good movie of year. Like Billy Elliot, this just makes you smile. See it see it see it!

Milk: I went reluctantly, I am not a fan of biopics, like Ray, or whatever other name movie is made to showcase the actor. This movie is great. I caught myself crying like 3 times before the movie even ended. Fantastic. Yes, guys kiss, get over it. In 1978 a city councilman shot dead Harvey Milk and the San Francisco Mayor. He got 5 years manslaughter, the infamous "twinkie defense". Wow. go see it now.

Rachel Getting Married: A showpiece for the actress Anne Hathoway. No other reason to see it. Don't go. Uncomfortable. Like watching a home movie of people you don't know or care about. boo.

Movies I have seen via magic:

Frost/Nixon: Great. worth seeing.

7 Pounds: Worst movie ever made. And I am not the only one who says so.

That's two different links there to click if you don't trust me.

Gran Torino: Fun flick. Eastwood may win the pity Oscar for this one. But Sean Penn deserves it.

Hoping to see Benjamin Button soon. It looks great.

PS, Cowboys and Texans suck.

Can I come to Austin for Christmas day? I'll bring a roast or something. I wanna play more Guitar Hero.

ETA: If the Cowboys beat Philly next week they are in the playoffs. Wow.

No comments: