Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Sunday - whatevs


So today me and some co-workers did a lot of moving. One of our colleagues got shipped off to Asia, so I got the full size Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer/Dryer (don't know why I am capitalizing, seems more impressive), the other dude got the Stainless Steel Whirlpool Refrigerator and the other other dude got back his leather couch he sold to him 2 years ago for $100.

So we rented a uhaul and drove all over town - 101 miles at .69 cents a mile. Not cheap, but worth getting the maytag set for less than half of what it would cost me new. And they come with the stands, if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately I need to buy the hoses for the water so no clean clothes for me today.

some pics of the move (I did some lifting, we had one injury with a cut finger and some sore forearms but everything else went great):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice washer/dryer set. front load has more capacity, yet uses signifigantly less water. you'll see a difference in your water bill.

does you home have instant hot water? it will also save you bucks.

brakewater said...

I would say no on the instant hot water - I have to let my shower run for a few minutes to get hot enough.

I have never paid more than $10 a month for water here, so I don't think the water bill will matter.the electricity, maybe. And it is an electric dryer so who knows.

everything is expensive now, yo? $40 for gas today in addition to the 70 cents a mile.

but thanks for caring. can you believe the Patriots aren't winning 100-0 now?

so how do you get instant hot water?