Saturday, June 7, 2008

Washington Post: The New Generation

I don't know if I love them or hate them, but they sure feel entitled.

The Chosen ones? More qualified than previous generations? All I know is that the kids graduating today are the ones who all got trophies because there are no winners or losers. And there were no F's or red ink on paper.

They didn't dig dirt at the construction site and they didn't scoop shit at the vet clinic. They tool around Africa and the rest of the world and then come back here and think they are entitled to the best jobs in the universe.

They may be better educated but they still talk in OMG and LOL speak. Good luck to them, and I mean it. When I graduated in 91 it was the (then) worse job market ever. I seem to make it without fighting AIDS in Africa before I was 17.

No comments: