Monday, August 4, 2008

Edouard (What a stupid name)

I don't understand that name. Anyway, SciGuy reports two scenarios, one good for Houston and one bad. Actually, the good is actually bad because we need the rain:

"

Edouard strikes Galveston Island: If this happens then conditions tomorrow should be pretty much be as I describe below. It will be very wet and very windy, a day to avoid being outside if possible. Expect rainfall totals of 3 to 5 inches across the Houston region, with isolated totals of 8 inches. This remains the official forecast.

Edouard turns toward the Texas-Louisiana border: Such a scenario is possible and Jeff Masters, of The Weather Underground, believes this will happen. He's usually a reliable source. If this plays out the Houston metro area won't get much wind, and we'll probably get less rain than the 3 to 5 inches currently being forecast."

I've got my stuff ready. Going to order pizza tonight in case it is bad tomorrow and can't get out. Got my batteries, flashlights, slim jim, coke zero, protein shakes, and work computer so no expectation to go to work if it is unsafe (BTW: I have most that stuff every day. I did not make a run on the stores. I bought a gallon of water at Walgreen's and my C batteries for my toy at the dollar store. no lines!). Here's my emergency toy (It's cool, it has a flashlight, a TV, a weather radio, normal radio, siren, thermometer):

forget it, blogger is down. I'll post the pic later.


No comments: