Tuesday, April 1, 2008

American Idol: Dolly Parton, no more covers of covers but wish someone covered White Stripes version of Jolene

I thought tonight, was okay, not great. I love Dolly. Sayesha would have served well to go Dolly version rather than Whitney version. I will post original when I find it.

I was hoping Carly would do Jolene, given the White Stripes arrangement. ok well.



And I will Always Love you is my favorite Dolly song. Here is Hype Machine link

Dolly Parton - I Will Always Love You

and Jolene link:

Dolly Parton - Jolene

Sepinwall discusses.

As always, I will post Zap2it tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg, Dolly Parton was so wonderful! You forget how good Dolly is until you see and then you fall in love all over again. What an amazing lady.

Anonymous said...

Mindy Smith's version is the best one out there; try it.

That's the version Brooke should have done. she should have hit it out of the park, and didn't (not even close really).