Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Last Post of the Night: Jesus Christ Superstar Carly is voted off! (crap)

Well, I had a premonition. Melinda Doolittle and Chris Daughtry were voted off in 4th I think. I thought Carly would make it to that. Wow. Scary tattoo, scary husband, scary fanbase. She rocked it though, and she and Sayesha were better than safers Jason and Brooke. I guess it is about fanbase, right? I literally gave up last year when Melinda was gone, because I didn't give hoot about whoever won and came in second or third. I will watch now, thought, cuz I am for the Cook.




And the awesome Carly performance:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must have occured to someone that singing the out of context lyrics to Jesus Christ SuperStar ("who are you?what have you sacrificed? etc.) to a FOX , generally right wing , Christian audience could have been the trouble here...(on top of Carly being "from away" and sporting tatoos)...she and David (and Shaisa this week) are clearly the best overall performers...The others although nice and cute aren't even in the same ballpark. Guess, this is the price one pays for appearing on FOX. Just wish the contestants were educated about this issue before the contest began.

The Pants Down Explainer said...

Poor Carly. She goes a couple of weeks before her time.

Sayesha? Yikes. I don't get that at all; she is medicore, simply playing this season's soulful, black, R&B singer lady role. Hasn't there been other AI winners that match that profile, though? So I guess the voters like that demographic.

Still, surprising results.

No blog is complete without FOX-as-part-of-the-vast-right-wing conspiracy.

You are an idiot, anon.