Tuesday, April 22, 2008

American Idol: Final 6

Sayesha: Wow, I really liked it. I agree with the judges, this is her thing, not Whitney or Mariah. This was fun to watch and the song was good. I read that she was singing something from the Skating show, and I just assumed it was a ballad. Well done.

Jason: Memory. Ouch. I like what what Paula said - it is a song meant for a female balladeer. And Jason is not that. When you have seen the show - you think Betty Buckley hitting the final chorus. This was not that. bottom 3.

Brooke: Double ouch. I think first it was a mistake to pick a song written for the movie, to get Madonna an Oscar nom. Not an original Broadway song. "Another Suitcase in Another Hall" would have been far better. Even trying Don't Cry For Me - although no one picked it, I guess on advice or being scared. God, I will cringe when she gets voted off - she will lose it. She has no confidence and has been losing it each week. sad, because she is talented.

The Chosen One: Don't recognize it, don't care. whatever. forgettable.

Carly: I'm writing this with DVR on hold. So she picked Jesus Christ Superstar. That is challenging. I was hoping someone would pick I Don't Know How to Love You, but maybe got scared off because of the lyrics. Let's see....un-pause.....wow, glad ALW convinced her to sing it...this is a running blog at this moment....Yay, no more Phantom.....receiver at 30.....OMG THIS IS SO FUCKIN AWESOME.....she is having so much fun....she didn't let the background singers carry her.....OMG that was her best yet. And I don't even know what the judges say.....I'm just glad to see her smile. You see, if I could sing, I would sing this song. In fact, I do sing this song but only in my shower. I've been singing ALW all day in anticipation.

I joked at work that Archeleta would do Jesus Christ because, you know, he is religious. I am so happy now and Cook hasn't even sung.

David Cook: no live blogging, that wore me out. Phantom is not a favorite. And he picked the big one.......Very good. Good rocker ending. Probably annoyed Simon. He really has a good voice. He is my favorite and this proved he can do anything (echoing Randy). Good job.

Bottom 3: Brook, Jason, ????, maybe Carly. Out: Brook. sigh. she just ran out of votes. I can't wait for the breakdown. I can imagine her not being able to sing........for the first time (that someone didn't sing off?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bottom 3: Jason, Brooke, and Sayesha. Sayesha only b/c she went first and does not have a lot of fan support. Plus, not matter what or how she sings, she is annoying. Plus, someone has to be in the bottom 3 (after all, it's 1/2 the field at this point).

My big prediction: no one goes home tonight. They all get a reprieve.

Which, IMHO, they should: I knew none of those songs. None.

brakewater said...

Come one, you saw Starlight Express in London when you were 16. Everyone knows Memory, and has had to have heard the The Music of the Night.

Why didn't ALW tell Sayesha that her song was sung by a train? a train?

And Jason didn't know Memory was sung by a Cat, in a play...called...Cats?

Gosh I hope he is gone. Carly was lowest on dialidol.