Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Night: My Blog Sucks

I realize that titling my blog entry by the evening pretty much does nothing for you in searching. Not that the three of you who read my blog actually search. Yes, I added a third, I have confirmed my mother reads my blog. Don't worry, it won't temper me at all.

Is titling a word? Titleing? Whatever. And then there are my special guests Wayman, and Pei.

Everyone else usually finds it on a search for like "Joker Pictures" (that's why I removed that post it was 3 months old and all hits were on that) and "Watchman Trailer" I am hoping to get a hundred posts a day on that alone, eventually.

My American Idol posts were a hit. 1000 hits the night Cook covered "Billie Jean".

Not that it matters, this isn't a popularity contest. It's all about me, right? (no, no advertising yet!)

Every now and then I'll get a hit from some random person on some random search (most recently, "white brakewater") who finds my blog fascinating and actually spends 20 minutes on it. So I am contributing to someone in Iceland, I suppose....

My biggest hits were on the "Nike Sparx Commercial" and the "Touch Every Base" ESPN story. That's cool.

I'm compiling a best of 2008 music first half, and fittingly for my life, it will be 2 months late. I am trying not to have all Vampire Weekend or MGMT, my rule is one song per band. So it is really hard. Anon in Austin: Can we count David Cook "This is the Time of my Life" to make up for our hours of absorption in AI?

Hope to post tomorrow. Have the headphones in now listening to the odd but cool Bodies of Water new songs. And T.I. And Nas. And The Walkmen have a new album out soon...

as always, leaving with a LOLCAT. they don't fit right, but they are cute.


cat
more cat pictures

5 comments:

Pei said...

I generally like your blog.

The Pants Down Explainer said...

The blog works. Building an audience takes time.

Anonymous said...

How about handgun talk?

brakewater said...

Okay, you just confirmed you (pei, wayman, anon) are the same person, PB. thanks.

brakewater said...

multiple personalities....that makes sense.....