Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday afternoon

I can't remember if I blogged about the price of gas. Yes, it sucks. What we are seeing here is a front row view of a paradigm shift. People are giving up their SUVs and trucks. People are thinking twice about road trips. It is very interesting to view. I had a company car until a year ago, and I am now changing my habits, even where I go to lunch.

Article about Honda is making out. I own a Honda and Acura myself, so I am all yay. Maybe I'll get the Honda Fit as my next car.

The Smart Car is going to appear sooner or later....

When I was in LA for vacation I hung out with a friend/actor. I don't name drop so you won't get it here, but you know him (Spiderman 2 was his biggest hit). He drives an Escalade. I asked him about the fuel economy, and he said he financially and morally doesn't drive it anymore. (Don't bring that left wing bias here folks, he is a good guy). But he can't sell it. And, just to remind you that all Hollywood actors aren't evil, he takes a cab to events when he knows he will be drinking.

Crap, I just got a call that the dryer won't work in the house because it blows the fuse. Crap. And the insulation installer fell threw the ceiling and made a 3x3 hole. crap. (he's alright, I'm not heartless).

Life is unpredictable, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And who is this actor friend? How and why do you know an actor?

At least make a blind so we can figure it out.

Or confirm our guesses. I'll start with James Franco.

brakewater said...

I have friends in LA. Everyone in LA knows an actor. Older and British. Crap now I gave it away.