Friday, July 18, 2008

Trial Run on Best of Music 2008: Feel free to Vote!

SONGS OF 2008 (Considerations for first 6 months!)

TI: No Matter What
Nas: Hero
Vampire Weekend: M79 (really, all)
MGMT: Kids , Time To Pretend (really, all, check out this SXSW Video to fall in love with Kids, and the band)
The Walkmen: I lost you (maybe, still evaluating)
Wolf Parade: Lost Highway
Ludo: Love Me Dead
Atmosphere: You
Estelle: American Girl with Kanye
Alkaline: Trio Help Me
Hanna Montana: See you Again ( I know it is from 2007 but I like it! It turns up when I drive! All on it’s own!)
New Bloc Party?
New Bodies of Water?
David Cook: Time of My Life
Gutter Twins: Idle Hands
Animal Collective: Water Works
Black Keys: Strange Times
Coldplay: Viva La Vida (love, love, love, this song!)
Flobots: Handlebars
Hot Chip: Ready for the Floor (think it may be 2007)
Islands: Kids Don’t Know Shit
Offspring: Hammerhead (love, always love Offspring)
Old 97’s: Dance with me (love the video: BSG geeks rejoice!)
Recontours: These Stones Will Shout (absolutely)
Santogold L.E.S. Artises

Don’t care about Madonna, My Morning Jacket, Kate Perry, NERD, M83

These are my choices: winners must survive on one CD.....

Send me or email me your choices, first 5 will get a free CD in the mail if you include your address!

(I don't know how to embed each song, if I haven't already done it via imeem, so go to hypem to test it out....)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going with the Old 97s. How do I get a CD?

brakewater said...

email me your address, brother. Like I don't know it. That's what made Mom mad at me in the first place....

Forgot T's bday

Anonymous said...

And L's.

And your father's is today.

brakewater said...

Why can't I be the one who doesn't do birthdays? You forget mine, I don't care and hold it against you

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
brakewater said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brakewater said...
This comment has been removed by the author.