Saturday, January 5, 2008

I made you a CD vol. 2

So this is my second burn of my favorite songs of 2007. There are many missing it is so hard to pick them all. It is a good mix with lots of variety. I put another The National song on and of course Okkervil River. I neglected Handsome Furs, Modest Mouse, T.I., and others because there just wasn't room.

1. Radiohead - 15 steps
2. Arcade Fire - Antichrist Television Blues
3. Editors - Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors
4. Kanye West - Stronger (seriously, what else would you rhyme Klondike with?)
6. Okkervil River - Our Life is Not a Movie or Maybe (I love this song!)
7. Brandi Carlile - The Story
8. Silverchair - Straight Lines (remember them?)
9. Tegan and Sara - The Con
10. The National - Mistaken for Strangers
11. Muse - Starlight (a kick ass song all year long)
12. New Buffalo - Cheer Me Up Thank You (from the woman who wrote 1234)
13. Matchbox 20 - The Weight of the World (should I be ashamed I like this song?)
14. The Bravery - Time Won't Let me Go
15. LCD Soundsystem - All my Friends (made #1 on lots top lists of 2007, good running song)
16. Foo Fighters - Long Road to Ruin (love the chorus, why didn't this hit more top lists?)
17. Kanye West - Young Folks (internet only not on album)

I have to learn how to do hyperlinks, but until then, check out the top lists at Pitchfork and Said the Gramaphone. Good sites.

No comments: