Monday, January 14, 2008

More on the Cowboys

I'm not listening to local radio. I'm not listening to Jim Rome. I've traded emails with my family and talked to some friends. Bottom Line, in truth, Cowboys haven't played well since the first half of the Packers game. I'm linking a great blog that says it better than myself. (Bob's Blog) I will post opening para so you will realize it is worth reading:

"Jim McKay used to tell us every week about the “Thrill of Victory” and the “Agony of Defeat”. I believe many readers of this blog are familiar with the definition of the latter this morning. There is something to be said for having a lousy season, in which you finish 5-11 or something. You stink, but your hopes and dreams never get away from you, and you don’t die inside like this.

But the 2007 Dallas Cowboys season would have to be right up there with 1979. You play so well all season building and believing that this is your season. You allow yourself to imagine how it ends, and maybe even wonder what the Super Bowl will be like. And then “Thud”. As quick an ambush as you can conceive. It ends.

Game over.

Season over.

Dream over."

Who new Terrell Owens would be the big man and defend his QB?

Peter Kings MMQB (strangely enough very little Cowboy commentary other than saying going to Mexico had nothing to do with it)

Did I say how depressing this is for a fan? I didn't go to work today. Granted, the ADT guy is here installing the new system, but ouch. I was up until 200am reading the blogs.

How many guys have I had to deal with for the new house: Direct TV guy, Wire guy aka speaker guy aka surround sound guy, cable guy, Alarm Girl (go girl!), phone guy, alarm guy, eventually DSL guy, house guy (builder to make repairs), am I missing anyone?

In my netflix queue: The Simpsons movie, 3:10 to Yuma

back later with more links of what I'm reading (since I'm not working today)

No comments: