Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Centerpoint Outages Extended

I was suppose to have power by Thursday according to the outage map. It has been updated and now it says by Sunday.

Seriously, look inside the 610 Loop: the cornerstone of a city is always "inside the loop". It looks like 80 percent of the inner loop will be without power until at LEAST Sunday. That's 17 days post-Ike.

Wow, and we thought New Orleans had problems. They just flooded. How are you going to fix a downed tree and a downed pole and a blown transformer on every street?

Remember my post from the night it happened? It was like watching a fireworks show from the ground up, I said. Wow.

I am bailing the hotel tomorrow. I was going to take the cat home and camp out in the Woodlands at a friends house, but now I think I will bring her with me considering it looks like at least another 5 days without power. That's 5 days of driving back and forth to the cat to check on her.

She's just gotten used to my hotel room. But I am sure the hotel is a bit worried that I haven't had maid service in 5 days.

We are leaving tomorrow no matter what.

Wow. I am eating my words from the Hurricane Ready Post, aren't I?

cat
more animals

No comments: