Friday, January 9, 2009

Blue Dog



When I frequented New Orleans, I got hooked on George Rodrigue's studio. He's the Blue Dog dude. In 1996 he made these pins. They were free, I think I grabbed a handful (maybe 5). I just paid $1100 for a print so this was a guilt free grab.

In 2000, with the whole Bush/Gore election crap, I decided to profit. I made around 30-60 dollars a pin. I still have one left, it has been in my kitchen drawer for 10 years.

I just saw one sell on ebay for $58. Should I sell or keep? Do I need $58? Rodrigue always does an inauguration print and I will definably buy that, so I can profit by selling it to the Obama freaks.

I need to change my address with them - I don't think they know I moved. And because you asked, here is my print. It is 21/75 and according to Rodrigue's website can be bought for $3500 - 10K dollars. I guess that makes it a smart investment. But it is still beautiful art - I bought stuff with the US flag before 9/11 made it cool. He did a 9/11 print too - I'm going to find it and post shortly...



Goddammit I just made myself cry again. I hate everything related to 9/11. Here is the link to the picture and his letter and donation. I fucking hate terrorists. If you are wondering why I didn't buy the print, I don't need to cry everyday of my life which I would if I had this sad fucking piece in my house.

Godblessamericath_2

No comments: