Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Post


This will most likely be a very boring post, but aren't they all when they are about me?

I'm watching Arizona beat Philly. I hope it lasts. I can't tell you how much I hate the city of Philadelphia - I can say that because I went to college there. I hope they lose, Donovan gets booed out of the city, then he goes on to win next season at his next home. The city is full of nasty, mean, hateful people and they do not deserve a championship, better yet Donovan McNabb. Lose!

I made a comment at work this week about how I wish there was a simple tool about stirring the eggs in their shells so you could make scrambled eggs without so many dishes and forks. And both co-workers (girls) said they make scrambled eggs by just putting the eggs in the pan and breaking them up then. Even put the seasonings in.

There seems something wrong with that. Not that it is lazy but it doesn't seem right. So I did some research and found that what makes scrambled eggs so good is the proper wisking of the eggs before putting them in the pan. That is what makes them fluffy. And water, not milk. I already new that, I add a tablespoon of water to the eggs before cooking and wisk for a good minute. ( I need to research more on slow cooking)

The best scrambled eggs are from a small diner, cooked and served on the spot. I can always tell when they are from powder. Yuk. I made scrambled eggs this weekend twice and didn't even have the courage to try the "no bowl" theory because I knew they would pale. I don't even scramble them, I kinda let them cook and flip them. Not an omelet, but more than just using the spatula and scrambling away.

Told you this post would be boring.

Arizona is winning 21-6. Amazing. McNabb, get out while you can. I can see the pitchforks from here.

Really, I took sociology my Freshman year. The professor was trying to talk about how the Eagles winning would make the whole city happier. And the opposite. This was in college class! I knew then how much I hated Philly. If I wore a Cowboys sweatshirt or hat in the city, I would literally get jeered at.

No comments: