Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Helen's Daily Rumination


I'll make this quick I'm watching High Fidelity on HD.

My family were fortunate enough to travel in the holidays. We went to Munich in 1990. My brother, Dad and I decided/realized we should go to Berlin for the new freedom and the taking down the wall.

It was so freakin cold. Really to this day I say Brrrrrrrrrrrlin cold.

We went through Checkpoint Charlie and were so disappointed we came back an hour later.

We went to a hardware store and bought hammers and chisels. really. We hammered the heck out of the wall and got some good pieces.

Here's my rumination: A woman, blond and foreign, walked up to my brother and started talking and pointing to the hammer.

He said, "It's a hammer, want to buy it?"

please correct me if my memory is wrong......

No comments: